Technology is something that drives everyone crazy, regardless of their age. We are all drawn to gadgets, and tablets are the most practical devices to have as they offer the convertibility needed with flexibility. Even for our older citizens, tablets can be quite an exciting device.
Below is a subtle guide to the best tablet for seniors.
Tablet for seniors Test and Comparison
Apple iPad Pro 11 inches 8 GB RAM (8th Generation)
- 10.2″ LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, 2160x1620px resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi), 500 nits brightness
- 128GB, 3GB RAM, A12 Bionic chip (7nm) with 64-bit architecture, Neural Engine, Hexa-core Processor, Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, f/2.4, Front Camera: 1.2 MP, f/2.2, iPadOS 14, upgradable to iPadOS 14.6
- Bluetooth 4.2, Supports Apple Pencil (1st generation), Touch ID Sensor, Lightning Connector
- New Open box Item with 6 Months Apple Warranty. Includes Charger and Cable. 7 Day Customer Return.
An 8th generation iPad may prove to be the best tablet for seniors. Let’s learn how. Apple’s naming scheme is very confusing, but this device is neither Air nor Pro. However, it has commendable features that your grandmothers will be happy about. A 10.2-inch Retina display is enough to meet the demands of sharp picture quality. Send vivid and sharp photos to your loved ones who are far away from you, but just a tap away to connect. Enjoy hours of video conferencing with the best camera in town.
It also comes with an Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard to enhance the minimalist design. The stereo speakers are an added bonus in the price. Believe me, it is even cheaper than the Apple Watch Series 6 and can be purchased with just a small investment.
It also offers 10 hours of battery life, so seniors don’t need to charge every other hour. It doesn’t require any technical knowledge to get comfortable with this model, so it’s an easy tech device for most seniors. Get the vital best tablet for seniors at the price that is extremely low, offered by the renowned Apple company.
- Wide-angle display
- Easy to use
- Powerful function
- Takes longer to reboot compared to others
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
- 10.4″ (263.1mm), 2000 x 1200 (WUXGA+), TFT, 16M colors – Slim. Stylish. Sophisticated.
- 64GB ROM, 3GB RAM, Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm), Octa-core, Adreno 610, Android 10, One UI 2
- Rear Camera: 8MP, Front Camera: 5MP, 7040 mAh battery w/ 15W Fast charging, Bluetooth 5.0
- Wi-Fi Only – No SIM Card Slot / Network, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80
Samsung is the best brand when it comes to tablets. The new Samsung Galaxy Tab A is another budget tablet that is packed with features like a good camera, reliable build quality, and a powerful processor. It can be an excellent choice for all seniors who are familiar with the Android operating system. It is a fairly compact Android-based tablet that offers all the necessary features you would want from an up-to-date tablet.
This tablet from Samsung is a direct competitor to Apple’s iPad mini. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A has a 1080P resolution that allows your grandparents to enjoy sports games, movies, and TV shows to the fullest.
It also features the very helpful Samsung S Pen, which allows you to draw and take notes similar to the company’s Note smartphones.
The best thing about this device is the multi-user login mode, which allows multiple login options. Moreover, a 1.3-megapixel front camera with a 3-megapixel rear camera lets the senior capture beautiful images and videos. Get the tablet that offers subtle advantages to get through the process of isolation.
- Shows compatibility with S Pen
- Good quality camera
- High resolution display
- Wearability is somewhat compromised
Best high-end tablets for seniors
We know that seniors don’t really need the processing power of their tablets, but we also want to list the high-end tablets because their screen is great and if you are planning to buy a tablet so they can enjoy a movie on the best screen possible, you can buy one of these two tablets. Watching a movie on the Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch can’t really compare to the Amazon Fire HD 10, it feels like incomparable things. The experience is much better on these devices:
Apple 11-inch iPad Pro
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- Stay connected with ultrafast Wi-Fi
- Go further with all-day battery life
- Thunderbolt port for connecting to fast external storage, displays, and docks
With the iPad Pro launching in 2021, you’re looking at the most powerful tablet ever (for now). From display to performance, looks to productivity, this device is home to success stories all around, and seniors are in no way out of that loop. Speaking of the screen, you have a Liquid Retina XDR display with unique features, including a wide color gamut, Dolby Vision, and True Tone. Along with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and a peak brightness of 1,600 nits, it ensures that reading text or other similar activities won’t strain your eyes too much. In simple words, navigating the iPad Pro 2021 screen becomes a seamless experience for users of all ages.
The display is one thing, but the tablet offers quality in other areas as well. Featuring the latest M1 silicon chipset, the iPad Pro 2021 won’t let you down when it comes to tackling heavy tasks. Moreover, the entire build is so well optimized that portability is well justified. Even though the price might be a problem for some people, you get good performance for your money.
- Exclusive support for Apple Pen and Magic Keyboard
- With white balance adjustment technology
- Ultimate portable solution
- Excellent display with lifelike colors
- Has the best camera pair for high quality recording
The 12.9-inch model might feel a bit big in the hands
The device is a bit more expensive than others
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
- PC PERFORMANCE. TABLET PORTABILITY: Transform your tablet into a PC experience with DeX mode and the optional keyboard¹ with expanded trackpad. (Keyboard sold separately)
- Entertainment, upgraded: experience cinematic viewing in your hands with larger edge-to-edge displays, tft lcd screen and quad speakers tuned by akg with dolby atmos surround sound.
- Redesigned s pen included: with improved 9ms pen latency, the redesigned s pen can control presentations, take notes and mark up papers effortlessly.
- Change the way you game: bring console gaming to anywhere a wi-fi connection is available with an immersive screen and bluetooth-enabled controller.
- Charge fast. power for hours: go for hours on a single charge, and back to 100% with the fast-charging usb-c port. capture and connect: stunning brightness and clarity with the wide 13mp and ultra-wide 5mp dual back, and 8mp front-facing cameras.
- Capture and connect: stunning brightness and clarity with the wide 13mp and ultra-wide 5mp dual back, and 8mp front-facing cameras.
- Sync and send from any space: sync up multiple devices and double down on your to-dos with galaxy tab s7,s7-plus wifi. use it as a hotspot, add a second wireless screen for your pc and create share-ready content all at once. easily sync and share with compatible Samsung devices.
Hands off another one of Samsung’s best models that have made things much easier for both ends. The advanced features ensure that you are always connected with your friends and family. Above all, turning a tablet into a P.C. mode is a goal that can be largely achieved with this handsome electronic device. Get one of the best tablets for seniors before it sells out.
Experience motion pictures and watch your favorite shows, news channels, and movies on a larger display with its AMOLED screen. To further maximize your viewing experience, it features quad speakers from AKG with Dolby sound, which is incredible at this price. Seniors can communicate with their loved ones with the impressive 13MP camera on the back, 5MP dual camera on the back, and 8MP camera on the front. The excellent camera quality for the seniors makes the isolation minimized to a greater extent.
Couldn’t type everything you wanted to? Fear no more. Bixby takes care of you and handles your voice commands, from searching the web to opening apps to getting weather updates or pausing movies while playing. Although Apple Siri has much more to offer, the budget might be a concern for you.
You’ll be thrilled with the battery life, which can serve you for countless hours. When you are done working on the tablet, plug it into the USB-C fast charging port that will charge your tablet within a few hours.
Here comes the good news for seniors. The ad-free videos on YouTube can be a fantastic feature for seniors. They can easily watch the content without interruption, which will keep them busy for a while, and that’s great.
- Thin and light
- Vibrant screen
- Pen included in price
- Aluminum case
- Fast charging
- Lack of audio jack
- Keyboard not included in price
For fans of reading on an e-ink screen, the new Kindle Paperwhite models remain some of the best options.
E-book reading fans know that the main characteristic of an e-ink reader is screen size. The standard size, sufficient for reading e-books without illustrations, is considered a diagonal of 6 inches. The Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite were, until recently, based on this size, and only the most expensive Kindle Oasis boasted a 7-inch E-Ink screen.
Now that has changed, and if you wanted a bigger screen for less money, the new Kindle Paperwhite is just what you need.
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
- All-new Kindle Paperwhite – Now with a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery life, and 20% faster page turns.
- Purpose-built for reading – With a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even in bright sunlight.
- More books in more places – Store thousands of titles, then take them all with you. A single charge via USB-C last weeks, not hours.
- Easy on the eyes – Now with adjustable warm light to shift screen shade from white to amber.
- Waterproof reading – Built to withstand accidental immersion in water, so you’re good from the beach to the bath.
- Find new stories – With Kindle Unlimited, get unlimited access to over 2 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and more.
- Go hands-free – Pair with an Audible subscription and Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
Read with focus and a clear mind with the Amazon Kindle, which is a breeze on your eyes. A perfect, lightweight e-reader with a sleek design can be a great addition to your senior living. The functionality and comfortable screen take your reading experience to the next level. What makes it stand out from the rest? Since the light does not directly hit your eyes, you can read even in bright sunlight. The sharp ray of sunlight won’t bother you thanks to the e-reader’s innovative technology. Whether you want to read indoors or outdoors, there’s nothing to stop you.
Thanks to the 300-pixel-per-inch screen, you can focus on the screen for hours, and with the perfect zoom performance, you will memorize the words you just read.
Another cool feature is seamless switching between audio compatibility and reading. Tired of reading news and news? Just switch to audio notebooks and listen to your favorite music.
The battery life is applauded as it can serve you for 14 days, and that’s a good thing. Seniors will love this option with its long battery life so they don’t have to wait hours for their device to fully charge.
The reader is built on the same 1GHz NXP i.MX7D processor as the Kindle Oasis, but has twice as much RAM – 1GB instead of 512MB. As a result, according to the manufacturer, the speed of the interface has increased by at least 20%. In actual use, the reader performs noticeably faster than the budget-friendly Kindle model, but overall speed is typical for devices in this class.
Amazon assures that one 1700 mAh battery charge is enough for reading for 10 weeks (half an hour a day with Wi-Fi off and medium brightness of the backlight).
A full charge from a PC’s USB port takes about 5 hours; that time is cut in half to 2.5 hours when using the proprietary 9-watt charger. With the Wireless Charging Dock for Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition, the charging time is only 2 hours.
The regular version has 8GB of storage, the Signature Edition has 32GB. This volume can be filled with content in MOBI, PRC, AZW, AZW3, TXT, PDF, HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and AAX formats. In the latter case, you can connect Bluetooth headphones to the reader and listen to audiobooks or dictation of regular books (available only for books in English).
Books in MOBI format can be written directly into the reader’s memory with a USB-C cable or sent to a personal email address. Finding books in this format or converting them from another popular format is no problem.
- Storage space
- Fast charging
- Connectivity (WiFi and 4G)
- Over 6 million eBooks on Amazon
- LED lights on the front have to be adjusted manually
Tablet for seniors & elderly
Tech-savvy seniors have a great advantage in this situation, as they have in-depth knowledge and the latest updates of tech devices. But the seniors who lack tech knowledge and skills suffer the most. Unfortunately, they may have to read a 100-page manual.
On the other hand, these circumstances do not affect children and teenagers who are having fun. They all enjoy games, movies, social networks and TV shows on their tablets, smartphones and tablets. The point is that seniors also want to enjoy all these benefits of the latest technology to pass their time in the best possible way. However, they find it too difficult to get familiar with all these devices.
Why should a senior have a tablet, and what should it look like?
A tablet proves to be very useful for seniors as it helps them stay in touch with their distant family members. The device promotes communication and entertainment and makes them feel independent.
Below is the list of features that a senior tablet must have:
- Convertible Tablet Type
- Rugged and drop resistant
- Large screen
- Integrated voice assistance features
- Easy to use
What to look for in the best tablet for seniors?
The screen size
Seniors usually have poor eyesight; a 10″ screen is best for them. Navigation is convenient and smooth with large icons and large fonts, making it easy for them to use.
The tablet should be easy to hold. It should be light and comfortable and fit well in the hand so it doesn’t fall off easily.
Voice assistant features
Make sure the tablet offers a voice assistant that allows them to navigate through different apps and menus or even answer calls without using buttons or complicated steps.
Seniors have a weak hearing; a tablet that supports a hearing aid or a tablet with maximum sound adaptability is a good choice.
Rugged and drop-resistant
A rugged and durable design is a must for a tablet, especially if it will be used by seniors. They might drop the tablet from their hand and it might fall, the rugged design will protect it from damage.
Tablet for Seniors Verdict
That’s it for today! We hope you’ve been able to make up your mind by now. Be sure to read our buying guide carefully to make a wise decision.
However, if you’re still unsure which product is best for you, let us make a recommendation. We believe that the Amazon Fire HD 10 has the potential to become the best tablet for seniors without a doubt. The reason is simple. The user-friendly and easy-to-use tablet, along with the glare-free reading, makes it an ideal solution for the needs of the elderly. You can watch movies, read, make video calls on it, and it’s very affordable.
Why is the 8th generation iPad a better option than the Amazon Fire HD 10 when we talk about the best tablets for seniors?
Apple is known for delivering quality with its devices, and the scenes are set with the iPad of the 8th generation. If we are talking about the best tablets for seniors, then this device is a real alternative. Whether we are talking about the 10.2-inch Retina display or the 10 hours of battery life, everything is suitable for extended use. Considering the price at which it is available, the overall efficiency of this iPad is taken to the next level.
The Amazon Fire HD 10, on the other hand, is a tablet that is available for about half the price of an iPad. Although the hardware and build of the Fire HD 10 are quite affordable for seniors, they are quite weak compared to what the iPad has to offer. From the display to the performance, everything is impeccable on the iPad. Let’s say you want to buy a tablet that is not necessarily just for viewing, but can also help you with other activities. In this case, the 8th generation iPad is the right choice for you.
Below are some helpful questions that come to mind for anyone looking to invest in tablets for seniors.
Are there any special tablets launched for seniors?
Consumer Cellular is a renowned brand that caters to the elderly. They introduced the Grandpad for seniors a few years ago. It’s pretty decent and easy to use for those who have a basic understanding of tech gadgets. And what’s the best thing about this device? It works over the cellular network, which means it doesn’t require Wi-Fi access. Not only that, the powerful device can be used for up to three days in a row. When the charge level drops below 10%, the advanced features will remind you by email or call to charge the device.
What are the easiest tablets for the eyes?
This is an important point for older people, as they tend to lose their eyesight as they age. Amazon Kindle e-reader is a good choice for you with its immersive and eye-friendly features. Thanks to its built-in technology, you can easily read for hours without harming your eyes. Moreover, reading in a dim environment is much better than reading on a smartphone.
Which tablets are the easiest to use?
There are a variety of tablets that are practical in every way. If you want a perfect answer, it depends on the practical experience of the end user. However, seniors do not deal with tablets, but with their desktop computers, including Windows and Apple software. In this case, any tablet installed with Windows 10 or IOS software would clearly do the job.